Position: Elementary Assistant
Hours Worked: 4 hours per week on Sundays, 8:30am - 12:30am
Salary Range: $22 - 28 per hour
- Work closely with the Elementary Coordinator to assist in Sunday school procedures.
- Arrive at 8:30am and help set up the 5th and 7th floors with supplies needed for the lessons. Make sure the supplies for the worship (projector/technology), memory verse, Bible discussion, and craft/activity are in place before the volunteer meeting at 9:40.
- Attend the weekly Staff and Volunteer meeting that begins at 9:40am each Sunday morning.
- Ensure that students get from the sanctuary to their classrooms in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Learn the attendance procedures and help the volunteers take attendance. Identify and correct any attendance discrepancies after students arrive in their classrooms.
- Assist with taking children to the bathroom with additional staff/ volunteers within the guidelines of the Redeemer Downtown Children’s Ministry Policy & Procedures.
- Engage and talk with students about what they are learning. Be willing to teach the story or lead a group of students when needed.
- Ensure that all security tags and nametags are collected at time of pick up.
- Spearhead classroom breakdown, making sure supplies get put away properly.
- Must be available on Sundays from 8:30AM to 12:30PM
- Arrive on time each Sunday
- Attend mandatory training sessions each year to review policies & procedures and build community as volunteers so the children at Redeemer Downtown are served safely and effectively.
- Give at least 2 weeks notice prior to being absent. If ill, please notify the Children’s Ministry Director or Elementary Coordinator as soon as possible.
- No more than 8 absences per year, including sick days.
- Must pass RDT’s background check and reference check.
- Heart for God, families and children.
- Need to embrace RDT’s vision and have a gospel-oriented heart for New York City.
- Experience in teaching or babysitting nursery, preschool or elementary children.
- Must be a team player and have character qualities such as integrity, wisdom and good judgment.
- Must be punctual and responsible.
- Warm and engaging personality that is welcoming to parents and children, especially those children who may have difficulty separating from their parents.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill set; experience and training; licensure, certifications, and ordination; and other organizational needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Redeemer family of churches and ministries exist to help build a great city for all people through a movement of the gospel that brings personal conversion, community formation, social justice, and cultural renewal to New York City and, through it, the world.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)